SFM Guide will help communities work to safely host sports tournaments
As part of its efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the tourism market, Sports Facilities Management, a national leader in facility management, has released its proposed COVID-19 response materials. These are designed to implement reopening policies and develop COVID-19 response strategies which will support the health and safety of clients at local and state levels.
- COVID-29 guidelines for re-opening
- FAQ for parents/customers designed for use on venue websites and within the registration/reservation process
- A venue-specific diagram showing spacing as a visual tool to maintain spacing of people
- An order sheet for each venue demonstrating up front the equipment costs for recommended safety equipment, cleaning agents, thermometers, etc.
- Summary of anticipated new monthly costs due to these changes to operations
- Information about chemicals/supplies
- Additional labor needed
- Recommended signage
The report also features a summarized list of guidelines for reopening sports and physical activities including:
- Outdoor Fields& Playing Surfaces
- Indoor Facilities & Playing Surfaces
- Food Service Areas
- Arrival & Admissions
- Guidelines for Activity
- Behind the Scenes (Employees)
- Participant screening form – Parent/Guardian
- Participant screening form – Adult
- OSHA Guidelines
SFM also offers additional tools and guidance including a capacity calculator, which helps identify the right capacity with distancing, and social media guidelines. SFM recognizes the fast-changing nature of COVID-19 and will continue to monitor conditions to make future determinations for venue guidelines and best practices.