Nicholas Povalitis and Lance Harrell talk about the recent changes to the Sports Planning Guide website and what they mean for readers and partners alike.
Nick Povalitis & Lance Harrell
Nicholas Povalitis virtually sits down with Lance Harrell, SEO Consultant & Content Strategist for Premier Travel Media to talk about the recent changes to the Sports Planning Guide website and what they mean for readers and partners alike.
They take you through not only the history and conceptualization of this newest iteration, but also how the latest in sports tourism trends and research continually play a part in the effort to increase reach, relevance and engagement.
Some of the questions you’ll hear answers to are:
- The website is a big upgrade from its previous iteration. Can you share what the thought process was behind the new version?
- Sports tourism nowadays is much more competitive, more holistic in terms of the impact it has (i.e. economic, brand, community/social), and more business-minded. How have those characteristics inspired the content and design strategy of Premier Travel Media and SPG?
- You have a lot of expertise in the SEO and SEM space. Can you shed light into PTM’s strategies there that industry partners could glean from?
- SPG has really ramped up its original content efforts recently. Why the shift to a more expansive offering (short form, Q&As, lists, long form, etc) of original content?
- SPG has grown into one of the largest and best sports tourism trade publications over the years, during which time the amount of available content has continued to grow exponentially. How has your approach to content strategy shifted since you joined PTM in 2010?
- Nowadays we hear a lot about the user experience, and for SPG many of those users are also clients or prospective clients of PTM. How has PTM and SPG incorporated the expectations and needs of its clients to make sure it delivers a better end product?